December 26, 2012

Review: Wilde's Fire (Darkness Falls #1) by Krystal Wade

Summary-
"There is no pain in this death, only peace, knowing I am going to die with the one I love the most." - Katriona Wilde. Katriona Wilde has never wondered what it would feel like to have everything she's ever known and loved ripped away, but she is about to find out. When she inadvertently leads her sister and best friend through a portal into a world she's dreamed of for six years, she finds herself faced with more than just the frightening creatures in front of her. Kate's forced to accept a new truth: her entire life has been a lie, and those closest to her have betrayed her. What's worse, she has no control over her new future, and it's full of magic and horrors from which nightmares are made. Will Kate discover and learn to control who she really is in time to save the ones she loves, or will all be lost?
 
Review-
 Ok, let me start off by saying WOW!!! I Loved this book. Now that is out of the way, I'll start from the beginning. The first thing I noticed about this book was the awsome cover. Now, I know better than to judge a book by it's cover. However, a great visual effect never hurt a story either. Then, there is the well thought out & exicuted storyline. I literally loved everything about it. The storyline has every element thrown in for good measure. In all the right places too. Mystery, intrique, fantastical creatures, magic, friendship, hurt, loss, love and so much more. Not to mention the vivacious, strong willed, sarcastic and brave herione. Along with her supporting characters, this story is very well balanced. The settings are sharp and vivid. Not all are pretty but they are wonderfully descriptive. I could have walked right through the porthole myself and into Encardia. This is one series I will be aquiring for my own personal collection. I cannot wait to read the next 2 books!! An outstandinf fantasy & paranormal romance.
 
Publisher-Curiosity Quills Press
Reviewers Rating: 5 STARS!!!
Reviewed by~Mechele
Thank you to the Author for the donation of this book to the Read for your future book program!


 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I've seen Quills pressing a lot of books and I've been curious about how they are ! This one seems great.

    I see you are listening to the Poison Princess audiobook. My blog partner is listening to that now. She likes it so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)